Thursday, January 10, 2013

Molly's 1st Christmas



It's been a busy couple of months and I haven't written an entry for some time.... 
Molly's 1st Christmas was a hectic affair. Twelve family members were squeezed around our kitchen table whilst Andy and I cooked up a storm. Tensions were running high at the start of the day when we realised that we didn't have enough crockery and pans. Everyone pulled together though and by the late afternoon we were more relaxed as we settled into a night of playing games. 

Molly was full of beans and totally over-stimulated by the end of the day meaning she was up all through the night... 
I haven't slept properly now for 7 months. A friend of mine wisely said that it is the sleep deprivation that gets you in the end. Too true . Most days are spent in a confused and foggy haze. I am currently up every hour from 3am with Molly, she then wakes up at 5.45am and is full of beans. She certainly has a lot of energy. 
Andy is currently away on a ski holiday for a week and I am experiencing the full force of Molly's energy as a lone parent. Thankfully my folks have let me move in with them for the week to ease the strain. The week has gone from being stressful to restful. My mum has been amazing support and I am very much enjoying having my dinner made and my clothes washed, I might just move in permanently! 
I am returning to work on Tuesday next week and am feeling torn emotionally. I am looking forward to getting back to my work and my practice, but it'll be hard to leave wee Molly. This is where the real yoga practice begins....
Ro xx

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a full on Christmas, very brave of you to do it. Molly is getting older now and she will soon give you a good night's sleep! Best of luck with the yoga.

    ReplyDelete