Monday, June 22, 2009

The oldies hen 'do'

My sister Sarah is getting married in July and we had a 'do' for the oldies; taking them out for lunch at the Waverley in Glasgow. It was to be a low-key event, a warm-up for the real hen night on the 11th July. We met at 3pm and I slunk off at 6pm to meet Andy to see a movie. I have since heard that the oldies were in the bar drinking until closing time! It would seem that the old hens have put me to shame.

At least I had a clear head for Sunday. Andy and I retreated to Aberfoyle once again for a lochside walk. It was so good to get out to the country, to breathe clean air and to enjoy the peace and quiet of the Trossachs.

Sarahs hen do continued on Sunday when she had tickets for the 'Take that' concert. I have just heard that she has fallen and twisted her ankle quite badly and is off to accident and emergency with my mum. Fingers crossed she will be okay and its not serious. Only three weeks to go until the big day!

1 comment: