Friday, January 30, 2009

It is my last full day in Mysore. Although I didn’t get to move forward with my Yoga practice, it has been an interesting visit.

This was the first trip where I have had to practice in the main Shala with 75 other students. In previous years, I have always had the privilege of practicing with Sharath in his house. Prior to that, I practiced in the old shala in Laxmipurham. Both of these studios accommodate a maximum of 15 students.

Sharath no longer teaches in his house, so this year I have had to join the crowds.

It is sad that Sharath can no longer give as many adjustments as he did in previous years and it must be tough for him to compromise his teaching like this. The only adjustment that I have had throughout my time here is back bending.

The energy in the Shala is amazing though and the few adjustments that I did have were precise. It was definitely good to come for the experience of it.

I have been invited back in June 2010 to participate in a teacher training. This will be level two of the current Authorisation that I hold at the AYRI. I am excited at the prospect of doing a full – time schedule with Sharath and gaining some hands-on training with him.

I am now very much looking forward to a week on the beach in Goa and to doing self practice for a week.

I hope that I will be able to continue my blog, but I am not sure what the net access situation will be. If access is difficult, I will see you most of you very soon anyway!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment