Sunday, January 18, 2009

Led second series this a.m. The Shala is so much quieter for the more advanced class which means more room to move, no queuing and no jostle for mat space.

I had a good practice; though the second series led class is intense and extremely slow. I also realized just how lazy I am in my own practice back home; taking five quick breaths in one pose, five long in another; adapting the practice to how I am feeling that day. Mind you, I have so much going on in Edinburgh and so little time to recover after practice, i can't really push myself physically without feeling exhausted for the rest of the day.

Time is one thing that you are never short of here. My friend Krista and I flaked out by the pool at lalitha Mahal Palace this afternoon...… ah, the joys of no work. Another day has slipped by and I am really starting to feel rested and well… I feel so blessed that I don’t have to endure the peak of the harsh Scottish winter. I hear that things are pretty bleak back home……

No comments:

Post a Comment