Thursday, January 15, 2009


Well, here I am again….. it is my 8th trip to Mysore and I am still blown away by how many Western people there are here practicing yoga with Sharath and Pattabhi Jois. The numbers have increased since my last trip and I have been informed that they are expecting at least 300 students by the end of January!

So far, I have done a week of led primary series, one led second series and one Mysore class. The led classes have been pretty challenging; I had forgotten how long Sharath holds each pose for. Five breaths feels like five minutes - especially when in Nirvasana!

The afternoons have been spent getting some down – time, reading, swimming, sleeping and trying to acclimatize to the extreme temperature change.

Andy has been confidently driving a scooter around Mysore for the duration of our trip. This will all change next week when he leaves and I will be negotiating my way around by rickshaw. Definitely a safer way to travel, but less fun and more exhausting because of the negotiation required when getting from a to b.


No comments:

Post a Comment